20 Questions Introducing…Me!
1. What is your middle name?: Autumn
2. What is your favourite drink?: Apple juice (child-like summer days), HoCho (cool winter nights), Long Island Ice Tea (fun night out), Milkshake (trying to pass off dessert as “drink”)
3. What is your favourite food?: Sushi! Closely followed by some sort of chocolate dessert
5. Favourite book of all time?: I don’t know if I have one…which is a bit disappointing. I keep going back to Harry Potter, so I guess that might be it.
6. Favourite Colour?: Mint green/teal
7. Do you have any pets?: Until very recently I had a beautiful big dog, Yoda 😦
8. Are you married?: I am not. Is it bad that I shuddered at this question?
9. Do you speak any other language?: I wish! I’d say I have emergency French & Mandarin down and I really want to learn ASL.
10. How many siblings do you have?: 2
11. What is your favourite shop?: I’m a huge budget shopper so probably H&M or something
12. Favourite restaurant?: The Eatery in Vancouver
13. When was the last time you cried?: 2 nights ago – The Notebook was on TV
14. Favourite Blog?: Huge fan of my original travel inspiration: http://twenty-somethingtravel.com/
15. Favourite Movie?: I always say A Walk to Remember but I’m not sure if that is true any more…
16. Favourite TV show?: Very tough competition! I think I’d have to say Friends
17. PC or Mac?: Only ever known the PC
18. What phone do you have?: A very old BlackBerry….I don’t want to talk about it
19. How tall are you?: An ambitious 5’10”
20. Can you cook?: I really wish! I mean, I can buy groceries and make things to survive. But spices confuse me and cooking for more than one would probably be a disaster!
Author’s Note: The below message was written in Feb, 2012 when this blog came to life in the wee hours of the morning in a cramped Vancouver dorm room. Thankfully, most of these feelings no longer describe my life but the experience still resonates with me and reminds me why I’ve made the choices to change it. I leave it here to remind and inspire myself and whoever else might stumble upon it.
I’m searching for something to fill this constant numbing pain of boredom and routine that gnaws at me daily. I’m looking to break out of the norm and do something to fulfil my life. I hate living this stagnant existence. It leaves me restless and unmotivated. I’m dissatisfied with what I’m doing and this is my first step in actively seeking to change it.
Before I commit to giving up all worldly possessions and living alone in a forest just to shake up my routine, I thought I would dip my toes into the pool of adventure instead. Hence, a teaspoon of adventure. I’m not ready for a defying leap into the unknown, but I am gearing up.
I’m not dropping out of school. I’m not the least bit athletic. I’m nowhere near rich. I’m not into bungee jumping or sky diving and I’m actually scared of heights (among many other things). To be frank, adventure terrifies me and mostly seems insanely out of reach. But I’m trying to reach out, a least a little bit.
So, if you’re looking to read of tightrope walkers who defeat pirates while flying through the desert blindfolded….you probably won’t find that here. And if you’re looking for the diary of a self-obsessed, make-up expert, Jersey-Shore fanatic, club-going teenager….you definitely won’t find that here. I’m somewhere in the middle. Though the pirates in the desert are sounding more and more intriguing…
In short, I’m looking for adventure where I can find it. I’m not ready for anything big yet; I just want a little taste.
A teaspoon you might say.
Contact me via…