To be honest…
….I’m not a complete adventure novice. Don’t get me wrong, I’m by no means an adrenaline junkie or extreme-sports anything! But I have done some adventuring. I didn’t start this blog right at the beginning of my adventures so let me get you up to speed.
Remember: “adventure” is different for everyone (and I’ll discuss that in my next post). But here are some of my past adventures:
1. Travelled to the Philippines & Korea with family friends for 5 weeks when I was 14/15 years old.
2. Flew to BC (from Toronto) by myself when I was 12.
3. Interned with an organization that built houses and supported communities in the Dominican Republic for a month.
4. Volunteered with various orphanages and lived with a homestay in Peru.
5. Attend a university on the other side of the country and moved out here without knowing anyone.
6. Went cross-country skiing!
7. Went snorkelling!
8. Climbed the CN Tower!
9. Wrote and directed my own 1 Act play.
10. Travelled around the United States, Canada & the Caribbean.
So, there’s my list! Incomplete (I’m certain I’m forgetting some) but you get the idea. And, like I said, one person’s “adventure” might be an everyday reality to someone else or an unthinkable act to another person. It’s all about perspective. I get that cross-country skiing does not seem that adventurous but to a person who despises winter and sports….
…it’s a pretty big deal.